At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
LiDestri NJ Machine Operator II in Pennsauken, New Jersey
• Safely operate machinery with maximum efficiency, while maintaining product quality and following regulatory and company guidelines for sanitation and safety.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate machinery, to include machine set-up, operation, change overs, and troubleshooting, to detect product (raw or finished) defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting machines as necessary;
• Maintain GMP (good housekeeping) standards at and around machinery;
• Cross training or training on equipment as defined by manager;
• Perform SOP’s for machinery in assigned area;
• Work in a safe manner, consistent with company safety rules and regulations;
• Maintain good attendance record per company policy;
• Maintain and record accurate documentation;
• Maintain and issue raw materials into assigned work orders;
• Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED;
• Proficient in operating three (3) or more production machines or 3-5 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment (including operation, set-ups, change overs and troubleshooting of multiple machines);
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment (bump cap, hair net, ear plugs, beard net (if applicable), Kevlar gloves, safety glasses and leather, skid resistant work shoes/boots;
• Ability to apply basic computer and communication skills, math functions and reasoning;
• Ability to use various hand tools (knife, water house, band cutters, can opener, scales Telnet scanners, various hand tolls, as required for position/product testing);
• Previous experience operating a forklift (for applicable work areas);
• Lock out/tag out certified;
• Possess a continuous improvement and team orientated mind set.
• Constant exposure to extreme loud noises;
• Constant work in high places and near moving mechanical parts;
• Constant standing and moving by foot;
• Constant exposure to extreme hot/cold (non-weather) environment;
• Frequent lifting/carrying <50 pounds, reaching and use of fingers;
• Frequent use of hot/cold water hoses;
• Frequent reaching/pulling/bending/climbing stairs/stooping/kneeling/bending;
• Occasional lifting >50 pounds;
• Potential exposure to caustic chemical.
DISCLAIMER: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
Our Employee Value Proposition
“Our purpose and our promise, nourish at every touchpoint, starts with our employees. We are committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment, meaningful careers, awesome benefits, a world class wellness program, and leadership coaching – all which inspire our LiDestri “family”, a 1,400+ dedicated workforce, to show up and work collaboratively every day. Nourish doesn’t end with our employees. LiDestri’s value-driven culture unites us all to strengthen and grow the business so together we can nourish the communities in which we live.”