At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Jacobs Traffic Services Specialist - Pompano Beach, FL in Pompano Beach, Florida
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. Through the delivery of our operations and maintenance services, you’ll make it simpler and more seamless for our municipal clients to operate safely and efficiently, empowering communities to focus on what matters most to them – people.
Jacobs has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, technology savvy individual to join our team as a Traffic Services Specialist in Pompano Beach, FL.
• Review and comment on roadway, signing & pavement marking, and MOT plans.
• Lead and/or assist in the development of conceptual plans and reports, coordination with other agencies, and preparation of scopes of work.
• Perform basic and advanced traffic engineering functions such as highway capacity analysis, ramp and weave analysis, and freeway segment analyses.
• Perform traffic studies such as speed studies, signal warrant analyses, gap studies and lane closure analyses including review of lane closure requests. Provide detailed technical papers and project reports, as required.
• Analyze fatal crashes and other crash data to determine locations that need traffic improvements for promoting motorist safety. Review fatal crash locations in the field and prepare disposition reports.
• Collect traffic data for volume and speed, and perform lane closure analyses. Evaluate data using roadway design, regional demographics, and crash history.
• Address customer complaints regarding traffic congestion, signage and other traffic related issues. Analyze all concerns from an engineering standpoint and address them in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
• Review MOT plans and propose the need for changes from the stand point of motorist safety.
• Provide Traffic Incident Management (TIM) support to enhance the transfer of information to motorists and improve the efficiency of operations, and facilitate the management of incidents on the Turnpike.
• Represent Traffic Operations at Production and Construction Meetings
• Act as a liaison between traffic operations and construction for the implementation of maintenance of traffic plans
• Perform other duties as required to support traffic operations, including but not limited to Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSM&O) programs, and relevant safety initiatives.
Successful applicants will be required to:
Perform field reviews along limited access roadways with active traffic
Complete required safety training
Complete client required security screening
Travel occasionally (typically in Florida)
Bring your team-focus, adaptability, and commitment to excellence, and we’ll help you grow what drives you – and deliver the world’s most challenging Operations Management projects, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Valid Florida Driver’s License
Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering, with 1-4 year(s) experience in the traffic engineering field and hold an E.I. license.
Experience and understanding of, Microsoft Office tools, Micro Station and Synchro software packages.
Excellent technical writing, analytical, and verbal communications skills, which may include presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
U.S. Government Executive Order on ensuring adequate COVID safety protocols:
As a federal contractor of the U.S. government, Jacobs is subject to the Executive Order requiring companies who support U.S. government contracts to ensure their covered employees are fully COVID-19 vaccinated or approved for a legally-entitled medical or religious accommodation.
Full vaccination is NOT required at this time for positions that are not covered by the federal contractor Executive Order, that do not require performance of work in a Jacobs office, and that do not have full vaccination as a client requirement where work is performed at a client site.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.