At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Patterson Companies, Inc. Service Technician in Princeton, New Jersey
Patterson Companies is looking for an independent worker who is interested in the field of veterinary medical device equipment repair, maintenance and installation.
Provides repair and on-site installation on a variety of Veterinary equipment. Learns and follows manufacturer guidelines relative to the operation, repair, maintenance and installation of equipment.
Install, Maintain and/or Repair Veterinary Equipment
· Independently responds to assigned customer service calls, diagnosing problems and making appropriate repairs.
· Repairs, loads, delivers, installs, and specs equipment to meet specific manufacturer, Federal and State regulations.
· Trains to perform standard system installations and tests the functionality of all components.
· Trains customers on the use and basic maintenance of equipment at the customers site.
· Learns and follows specific manufacturer guidelines for repairs as well as all company, OSHA, or other agencies' policies related to asepsis.
· Completes all required service forms (service order, confirmations, inventory, expense reports, time sheet, and equipment related items).
· Maintains strong and supportive customer relationships by providing technical support after initial installation of Equipment, PC software, and hardware and ensuring that service commitments are met within standard response time.
· Maintain relevant communication with Service Coordinator, Equipment Specialist and Territory Manager.
· Determines parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests.
· Uses, maintains, and secures test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate, andrepair equipment.
· Manages vehicle inventory and restocks as necessary.
· Physical inventory audits on a bi-annual basis.
Ensures proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
Ensures proper use and maintenance of all company provided assets, including but not limited to phone, computer, parts, tools and uniforms.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Lifting or carrying
Frequent to continuous heavy physical activity
Up to 100 pounds
Sitting or standing
Light physical activity
Use of hands
Occasional or frequent moderate physical activity
Light physical activity
Operating a computer or other office device (Laptop 1 hour per day)
Talking or hearing -- "position involves frequent communication with (customers, inside staff, etc.) and requires ability to understand and effectively exchange accurate information"
Reading or sight -- "requires frequent review of vendor contracts"
Biohazard materials or waste
Confined spaces (if installation or maintenance typically involves accessing wires in sub-floor crawlspace)
This position requires overnight travel.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· 0-5 years prior experience in a Veterinary/Medical/Dental environment.
· PC skills in Windows based programs
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
· Strong customer service skills
· Motivated team player
· At least 4 years of experience as a Certified, Licensed or Registered Veterinary Technician will be considered.
· Previous X-Ray experience preferred
· SAP experience
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
· Carpentry/plumbing/heating/electrical/electronic related experience.
· Technical training in Bio-med/electronics or related technical field.
What's In It For You: (https://www.pattersoncompanies.com/careers/default.aspx#section=benefits)
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Paid Time Off (PTO).
Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
Patterson Perks Program.
Why Join Patterson?
Clickhere (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SJOEkdK5Xo) to see what it’s like to be a part of our winning team!Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Job Locations US-NJ-Princeton | US-NJ-Freehold
Requisition ID 2021-12723
# of Openings 1
Position Category Technician
Company Patterson Veterinary Supply, Inc.
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Is this job remote? No
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.