At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Shire Diagnostic Support Partner in Remote, United Kingdom
**Territory to be covered Midlands and surrounding area
The Diagnostic Support Partner will
Educate healthcare professionals, about the disease areas designated to them
Drive the implementation of diagnostic protocols to delivery improved patient diagnostics.
Support the promotion of GD brand portfolio through appropriate customer engagement.
Implement the Shire commercial strategy within agreed promotion and cost budget.
Achieve agreed targets for designated diseases
• Raise awareness of the rare diseases namely Fabry Disease & Gaucher Disease as well as appropriate brand promotion.
• This will be achieved by educating and putting in place agreed screening protocols with all relevant NHS stakeholders through individual calls, facilitating local meetings and, in conjunction with other internal stakeholders in the Commercial Team, attendance at national and on occasion international exhibitions, congresses and meetings
• Influencing regional and, where appropriate, national strategy through timely sharing of best practice approaches
Learning and development
• Achieve an excellent understanding of relevant training, marketing and medical education materials
• Complete all administrative activities, i.e. monthly reports, call reporting system, expenses in a timely and accurate manner and as requested by the LSD GD Business Lead
• Carry out other related tasks and special projects as requested by the LSD GD Business Lead
• Delivery of agreed activity and coverage targets
Education & Experience Requirements
• ABPI Qualification
• Minimum 5 years sales experience
• Bioscience degree or similar qualification
• Experience launching new products and addressing market access and funding issues
• Proven track record, demonstrating that annual sales targets have been met or exceeded
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Highly competent with PC (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM systems
• Experience of working with rare diseases and in niche markets
• Experience of delivering disease awareness and education
• Experience of working in a project management environment
Key Skills and Competencies
- Highly motivated, positive, enthusiastic and goal orientated.
• Able to communicate scientific and medical information to health professionals at all levels, including KOLs, in a confident and succinct manner.
• Able to develop strong professional relationships at all levels of interaction with medical and related staff and able to develop the potential of new key opinion leaders
• Ability to work flexibly in a small and focused team.
• Able to prioritise and plan workload.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Strong computer skills especially word and excel
• Excellent project management and account management skills?
• Delivering excellence – Works to meet and exceed goals and objectives (JS1E)
• Building authentic relationships - Demonstrates genuine respect for others (JS1E)
• Accountability and ownership – Maintains a focus on results (JS2P)
• Serving customers – Uncovers customers’ underlying issues or unexpressed needs (JS2P)
• Judgment and decision making - Develops alternatives before making decisions (JS2P)
Other Job Components
• Ability to travel extensively nationally with some overnight stays
• Ability to occasionally travel internationally (e.g. to congresses)
• Full UK Driver’s license
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.