At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Shire Senior MSL - Internal Medicine in Remote, Italy
Medical Scientific Liason Centro Sud (sede a Roma - Firenze)
Ideal candidates for this role will have extensive experience in Medical Affairs. You will be joining a highly experienced, supportive and harmonious team, who will guide and develop your existing knowledge and skills, while working independently in this primarily field-based role, covering central and Southern Italy. Please note, you should expect frequent travel – approx. 80% of time spent in the field, with travel overnight and weekends occasionally necessary.
Systematically identifying the scientific exchange needs of KOLs, investigators and other stakeholders in patient care, establish strong professional relationships, provide credible scientific expertise and serve as a bridge to Shire Global Medical and Global Clinical;
• Develop and maintain “peer-to-peer” scientific relationships with key thought leaders in healthcare, academia and government organizations per KOL plans and as requested by KOLs, including the management of strategic scientific partnerships and scientific exchange
• Provide scientific liaison support to Investigators currently involved in the Company’s interventional or observational studies
• Serve as a bridge between HCPs and Shire medical, clinical and external partners
• Facilitate 1:1 and group scientific interactions with healthcare professionals
• Participate in country-level KOL planning, and maintain KOL plans and timely, accurately and compliantly update medical customer relationship management system
• Maintain awareness of and access to internal and external information sources available to support high-quality scientific exchange, and coordinate high-quality interactions between these resources and external customers.
Respond effectively to requests for scientific exchange;
• Respond within defined timeline and quality standards to unsolicited inquiries from HCPs and other stakeholders received by Global Medical Affairs and referred to GMA by other Shire functions
• Support development of appropriate responses to unique inquiries as required, such as the presentation of scientific evidence and medical education.
Support design and implementation of scientific programs with external experts and Shire Global Medical Affairs;
• Provide scientific input and participate into local medical and cross-functional initiatives
• Provide medical support to Shire’s clinical research programs and registries
• Contribute to Country Medical Brand Plan development and implementation.
You will also be supporting the local teams disease area and product knowledge through scientific training, and maintaining your personal expertise in the relevant disease areas, and MSL best practices.
• An advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD or PhD or equivalent) is essential
• All levels of experience will be considered, although demonstrative therapeutic experience/research or substantive patient care experience is preferred
• Business-level English language skills are essential, in addition to native Italian
• An established track record of effective and influential oral presentations within the healthcare profession
• Medical, clinical or research experience in the assigned disease area is preferred.
Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.