At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Lead Software Engineer in Remote, United States
Lead Software Engineer
Atlanta - Georgia - USA, Florida - Florida - Remote, USA - USA - Remote, Weston - Florida - USA
Software & Product Development
Description & Requirements
The Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG) is looking to hire a Software Engineer to join our extremely talented Product Development team! As one of our Software Engineers, you will be part of our continued improvement and growth of our HR and payroll software solution.
The Lead Software Engineer will be part of an agile high-performance team of professionals responsible for delivering high-availability microservices to our internal and external customers. Qualified candidates will enjoy working in a diverse and fast-paced team environment that is passionate about their work and contributing to our exciting digital transformation and growth agenda for the entire organization. As a platform developer, you will own and be responsible for the design, development, deployment and support of your product. You will be responsible for reviewing team Pull Requests and coaching contracting partners on product development, as well as engaging in cloud and orchestration DevOps configuration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
• Work closely with operational cloud resources to ensure successful cloud migrations.
• Monitor product health and alerts and own responding to end-user inquiries.
• Work closely with other development teams to ensure successful implementation of applications.
• Converts specifications and requirements into functional application code.
• Work in an agile team environment with other developers, Leads, architects, designers, product managers, business analysts and the user community to gather and validate business requirements.
• Demonstrated focus on quality (unit testing, system testing, user acceptance testing) and product support ownership.
• Minimum 5-7 years experience using Java and object-oriented design principles and design patterns.
• Experience with web frameworks such as Java Spring
• Experience building and maintaining scalable applications using Cloud technologies and Docker containers.
• Demonstrated proficiency with developing web services and API’s including Microservices.
• Experience with IDEs and Unit testing tools JUnitvor equivalent.
• Experience with CQRS, Event Sourcing and Event Driven architecture.
• Proficiency with Git as a version control system.
• Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases.
• Must have an understanding of enterprise design patterns.
• Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps practices preferred.
• Java Spring experience is mandatory.
• Kubernetes and GCP a plus.
• Experience with message queues like RabbitMQ, Kafka.
• Axon Framework experience is a plus.
• Kotlin experience is plus.
• Experience with Node.js and .Net familiarity a plus.
• Domain Driven Design is a plus.
• Familiarity with Coding Best Practices is desired.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering; equivalent experience accepted.
• 10% travel may be required.
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.