At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Aerotek Material Handler in RICHMOND, California
We are looking for a dynamic Material Handler II who will be responsible for the safe receiving, inspection, movement, tracking, storage and shipment of custom made servers and components. Review product and process documents and instructions and ensures accurate processing. May help train other Material Handlers as needed and support Team Lead where necessary.
Essential Job Duties
• Performs the safe receiving, movement, tracking, storage and shipment of custom made servers and components.
• Maintain a clean, orderly work area, and performs Material Handling
• Processes product documentation accurately; implements appropriate corrective action as needed; uses MRP system to enter and retrieve accurate data
• Maintains product inventory by receiving, identifying, labeling and storing product within the warehouse area in accordance with processes and procedures
• Ensures shipment of product within shipping deadline, maintaining contact and updates to internal facility staff
• Adhere to ISO procedures, Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPI), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Lean principles
• Work with safety, efficiency and accuracy as priorities always; Ensure quality and safety standards are continuously followed.
• Supports the Production team as needed
• Reports events and activities outside normal parameters to Supervisor or Team Lead and assist in resolving issues acting within the operational and safety guidelines.
• Provide feedback for workflow improvements.
Material handler warehouse, electric pallet jack, forklift, shipping and receiving, mrp system, erp system
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing warehouse environment required
A minimum of 1-year warehousing experience in FDA, ISO, GDP, Lean environment preferred
Picking, pulling, packaging, shipping, and receiving
Experience with MRP or ERP Systems (Oracle preferred)
Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision
Ability to work in a multi- functional capacity
Ability to work in a fast- paced environment
Experience with basic data entry and information gathering
Ability to work effectively in a team
Ability to follow directions
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.