At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
VCA CSR Supervisor in Rutherford, New Jersey
Company Info: VCA Animal Hospitals operates more than 1,000 small animal veterinary hospitals in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The hospitals are staffed by more than 4,500 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give pets the very best in medical care, of which over 600 are board certified specialists who are experts in areas such as oncology, cardiology, emergency and critical care, and surgery for animals. VCA Animal Hospitals provides a full range of general practice services to keep pets well and specialized treatments when pets are ill. As part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of brands, VCA is committed to its purpose—A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS®.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
At our hospital we strive to give our clients and their pets the most comprehensive medical care in any situation. In addition, we pride ourselves on being compassionate and understanding. Armed with the latest technology, we can diagnose (using x-rays, ultrasound, endoscopy, MetRx vet scope or blood work)and treat all conditions within one facility. In addition, we offer acupuncture and acupressure treatments in conjunction with traditional medical therapies.Also at our disposal, is a state-of-the-art dental department, complete with an intraoral digital x-ray system and the latest diagnostic tools. Our veterinarians and certified dental technician will perform all the necessary dental procedures (from simple extractions to root canal therapies) to make our clients cat, dog, rabbit or ferret have a healthy mouth.
Client Service Supervisor
We are seeking a highly experienced Client Service Professional to join our leadership team as Client Service Supervisor.
Under direction from the Hospital Manager/Administrator, the Client Service Supervisor performs a wide range of difficult-to-complex administrative activities related to quality patient care and excellent client service, management of finances and accounting, marketing and promotion of services, staffing and human resources, and discretionary activities that serve to support effective business operations.
Applicant must be a reliable self-starter, motivated by a challenging, fast-paced environment. Strong candidates will have supervisory experience, a positive attitude, a friendly demeanor towards both animals and people, will be detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task and can demonstrate the importance and understanding of high quality customer service.
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent knowledge of client service and communication center operations.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong client relations and interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate to expert computer skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong supervisory skills.
• Self-starter and team player.
• Strong client service background.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
• 2 years of supervisory experience required.
• 2 years of experience in the veterinary field preferred.
• The schedule for this position will be based on the needs of the business. Supervisor will have a flexible schedule to ensure coverage which include days, overnights, weekends and holidays.
• Responsible for the day-to-day client service areas of the front office and internally with departmental relations. This includes interviewing, training, coaching, developing, mentoring and disciplinary action as appropriate.
• Direct on-the-job training to develop employee skill sets, advise employees of performance requirements with the standards of client service for the organization.
• Assist Hospital Manager with day to day operations.
• Resolve informal client complaints, maintain and report on these issues to the hospital manager.
• Responsible for the efficient day-to-day running of the front office to include enforcement of policies, procedures and protocols.
• Identify and provide recommendations for potential problems, non-routine situations, work flow processes, and client service needs to the hospital manager.
• Make decisions on behalf of the department utilizing good judgment, which demonstrates the best interest of the hospital and the clients.
• Coach employees and direct reports.
• Assist in the development and delivery of employee evaluations for the front desk with hospital manager.
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of reporting tools and queries needed to manage the business.
• Handle communication of financial information to clients and doctors.
• Act as a liaison between front office and other department supervisors.
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more!
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!