At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Aerotek Machine Operator in Saint Joseph, Missouri
Pay Rate - $18 - $20/hr.
This position is responsible for the packaging of finished product and transferring of product to various bins to support plant operations, which may include filling both bags and bulk totes. In addition, this position will perform palletization of product (manual and mechanical), labeling and stenciling of product bags (manual and mechanical), and loading of outbound packaged and bulk product. This role is also responsible for unloading of ingredients and packaging materials and keeping work area clean and safe.
• Safe and efficient use of fork truck (standard forks and slip sheet attachment).
• Operator will be responsible for packaging of all products on both the automatic bag line(s) and bulk tote line(s).
• Perform basic troubleshooting and basic maintenance if needed of pack line machinery (e.g., jammed bags, improperly sealed bags, rejected bags, jammed palletizer, etc.).
• Operate and make changeovers of Packaging lines.
• Determine and set the code date and lot code properly for each product.
• Load, operate and adjust labeling machine.
• Transfer product to other operating systems in the plant.
• Perform quality checks as necessary.
• Complete all paperwork accurately to comply with HACCP, traceability, FS, and quality requirements.
• Assure appropriate pallet patterns are maintained for finished product.
• Maintain excellent position in regards to GMP.
• Follow appropriate guidelines in regards to sampling.
• Inventory bin levels as needed.
• House keeping responsibilities shall be maintained in all areas.
• Operate conveying systems for finished product.
• Stretch-wrap finished product as needed.
• Adhere to the Company Code of Team Behavior. In that regard, this position will be expected to perform duties outside the key responsibilities
• Responsible for Food Safety and quality.
Machine Operation, Packaging, Extruder, Machine Operating, General Production, Production, General Labor, Assembly, Blueprint, Calipers, Extrusion Machine, Extrusion Process, Troubleshooting
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.