At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Airgas Usa LLC Plant Manager in Salem, New Hampshire
/Are you ready to grow sales and lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward and exceed customer expectations?/
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a Branch Manager in Salem, NH!
What you will do: The Plant Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in producing and repackaging of compressed and liquid gases into cylinders, correcting unsafe acts or conditions without delay, and assigning job tasks to workers according to customer needs, current stock levels and workers’ expertise.
- Operates and safely maintains the plant for pumping or repackaging of gases into cylinders while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local and company policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Studies production schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Establishes and/or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and product quality.
- Modifies working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and safety training is regularly scheduled, conducted and documented. Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Ensures all injuries and accidents are properly investigated and reported within 24 hours.
- Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving, work related problems. Recommends and/or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures. Ensures associate issues, employee relations, etc. are effectively handled.
- Manages and leads subordinate supervisors to provide leadership. Initiate and/or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve goals. Provides coaching and corrective action promptly, to ensure that poor performers are identified, documented and improved to acceptable performance, or released.
- Trains new workers and cross trains associates to continue production during personnel shortages.
- Maintains time and production records and approves overtime when essential, while keeping overtime at acceptable levels.
- Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
What you will need: Required:
- High school degree/GED
- A total of five (5) years of industry experience to include a minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated experience working in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage metrics and related tools to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status of position. Accepts cultural diversity and establishes effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
- Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Able to operate a fork-lift.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
- Prefer prior experience with compressed/packaged gases.
- Prior experience utilizing SAP
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Plant Manager
Location: New Hampshire-Salem-03079
Requisition ID: 31512