At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Aerotek F-18 Program- Structures Mechanics in San Antonio, Texas
Government contract hiring aircraft structures mechanics to work on F-18 aircraft in San Antonio, TX! This is a long-term opportunity in that the client hopes to bring everyone hired on as a direct employee within the first year! No tools required! If interested, please APPLY ASAP or CALL (843) 972-1925!!
F-18 TMS experience
FAA Certified in Airframe repair, Overhaul, Maintenance & Production of aircraft.
Performs disassembly, cleaning, close tolerance inspections, repair/replacement and assembly operations on aircraft critical structures such as formers, longerons, ribs, bulkheads. Works in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier, engineering dispos.
Performs program critical heavy structure repair. Wing root removal and replacement.
• Experience in heavy structural modifications to aircraft at depot level. As well as all types of sheet metal fabrication, skin repairs, and structural repair.
• Experience in drill, ream, locate, pick up, and countersinking of close tolerance holes.
• Experience in teardown, repair, overhaul, and reassembly of major aircraft systems and components.
Aircraft Assembler Structures/Composite II F-18 JSF
• Experience in metal / composite assembly of F-18 fuselage, fastener layout, hole preparation, countersinking
• Experience in close tolerance hole preparation, and installation of a variety of fasteners, inspection of all structural assemblies to insure proper tolerances.
• Experience in interpreting engineering blue prints, assembly planning, visual aids, and use of tooling and gigs, for proper structural alignment and placement.
• Experience in the production of all variants of the F-18 Aircraft
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.