At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Kiewit Corporation Field/Office Engineer - MEC Transportation - East Coast (Fall 2021) in Seattle, Washington
Requisition ID: 125568
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Mass Electric Transportation, a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation, is looking for entry level field/office engineers! Mass Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation, based in Irving, TX with projects stretched across all of North America. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we're boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else.
Mass Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of the Kiewit Corporation. Since our founding in 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts, Mass. Electric Construction’s philosophy has been to pursue electrical projects that require a higher level of technical and logistical skill. MEC-Transportation has a 55-year tradition of outstanding performance on some of the nation’s most high-profile transportation projects. To date, we have completed over $3 billion in transportation projects nationwide. With our skilled and dedicated personnel, combined with cutting-edge installation methods and project controls, MEC is setting new standards across every aspect of the market.
• Signal systems
• Overhead contact systems
• Traction power and communication systems
• And more…
We have projects all across the United States, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Current work is located in Dallas, Los Angeles, Seattle, Washington DC, and other major metropolitan areas. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date.
Support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing the following functions: project controls system, engineering interface, subcontracts and materials management, purchasing and scheduling.
Assist project management in expediting material deliveries, estimating and processing change orders, preparing monthly billings and preparing shop drawings.
May serve as a discipline engineer or as a lead on a small project.
• A bachelor’s degree in construction management, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related degree.
• Strong work ethic — willing to do what it takes to get the job done. This position will require more than 40 hours/week.
• Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
• Experience with leadership in some capacity
• Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.