At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Kelly Services Senior Associate Scientist in Somerset, New Jersey
Kelly Services® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a long-term temporary opportunity to work as a Senior Associate Scientist at a prestigious Fortune 500® company working in Somerset, NJ.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “Submit Resume” button to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter for this position ( Brooke.Schoen@kellyservices.com ) however your resume must be received via the “Submit Resume” button included within.
Job Title: Senior Associate Scientist
Pay: $31 per hour
Location: Somerset, NJ Must work on-site
Pay Rate: $31 p/hr
Duration: 6 months or longer
Schedule: 1st shift Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm
Top Required Skills:
• Assay & Related substances
• Karl Fischer Titration
• Experience working with Oral solid tablets/capsules and content uniformity
• Finished product stability testing
Notes from Hiring manager:
Candidate must have 3-5 years’ experience working directly in the pharma industry. Strong knowledge of dissolution & HPLC along with solid GMP experience. Strong understanding of SOPs and test methods. Balance & PH meter knowledge is preferred.
This position contributes significantly to the successful timely development of new pharmaceutical products utilizing drug delivery systems and technologies by carrying out required analytical support activities.
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices.
• With supervision, carries out analytical activities and experiments in support of the development of pharmaceutical products. These activities include method validation, stability testing, release testing, etc.
• Keep accurate and detailed records of experiments including results and conclusions.
• Provides written and verbal updates on projects and activities as required.
• Assist others, as necessary, for timely project completion.
• Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities for the position.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Maintain high quality laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site SOPs
• Ability to learn and retain technical information
• Proactively address work issues at both an individual level and a team level
• Develop and execute complex procedures or methods with high quality
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Mathematical and scientific reasoning ability
• Basic understanding of instrument operations and troubleshooting skills in multiple techniques
• Ability to identify aberrant/out of spec data and limited interpretation of data expected
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with internal and external customers
• Lead by example according to Catalent's values and culture
• Demonstrated ability to lead small team projects
• Recognizes unmet needs within department
• Strategy is focused on personal time management and efficiency
• Well organized with ability to multitask
• Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
• Has applied knowledge of the principles and concepts of a discipline
• Applies technical and functional knowledge to job related duties on most projects/ assignments within own group/project team
• Propose deviations from established procedures and methods based upon sound judgment
• May contribute material to publications and/or external presentations
Physical Requirements :
• Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-40 pounds
• Specific vision requirements including reading of written documents and the use of computer monitor screen frequently
• May require the use of a respirator
• Mathematical and reasoning ability.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 pounds. Be accessible to laboratory and pilot plant area(s) and office staff and to use required office equipment. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related science discipline
We invite you to bookmark our Web site and encourage you to review it regularly for new opportunities worldwide: www.kellyservices.com (http://www.kellyservices.com/) .
Kelly Services® is a U.S.-based Fortune 500 company. With our global network of branch locations, we are uniquely positioned to provide our customers with international staffing support and our employees with diverse assignments around the world.
Kelly Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)