At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Valcor Engineering MANUFACTURING ENGINEER in Springfield, New Jersey
Plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing processes. Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, lean tools and quality control standards
Coordinate engineering, technical and assembly procedures to produce the most economical manufacturing methods to accomplish optimum utilization of people, machines, tooling, equipment, facilities, quality and timely production.
Work closely with Tool Engineering, Production Control and Manufacturing to provide engineering, technical and other advice and information relative to the design of tools, routing, methods and applications prescribed. Work with and assist Master Scheduler to solve manufacturing problems. Work with Engineering to facilitate drawing changes to improve ease of component manufacture.
Job Description: (Estimated % of time)
50%: Support machine shop operations.
25%: Develop continuous improvement and lean manufacturing process / methods.
25%: Develop documentation of processes in the production area. Revise existing and create new documents.
• Strong understanding of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing tools. Capable of utilizing these tools in developing manufacturing processes, assembly processes and cells.
• Assist with automatic machine CNC prove outs and develop or recommend ways and means of correcting deviations and resolving problems relative to programming.
• Supervise the formulation of cost estimates and analyze actual operations costs to determine reasons for variances. Audit work performed by peers/subordinates to assure compliance and consistency with established method standards. Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
• Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to insure efficient production methods.
• Confer with manufacturing management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Apply statistical methods (SPC) to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
• Conduct continuous study projects on established methods to effect work simplification, tooling improvements, tooling requirements, work flow, reliability of equipment, etc. for purpose of manufacturing efficiency.
• Develop, review and/or approve operation sheets for conventional CNC equipment to include both in-house and vendor production.
• Review drawings for correct application of latest specifications. Also make recommendations relative to manufacturability of components and apply good value engineering practices for cost reduction purposes.
• Design complete fixtures for machining and Assembly Test Requirements
Position Requirements (musts):
• BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or the technical equivalent.
• Min 5 years of manufacturing engineering in a high precision, machine shop environment.
• Solid project engineering, team and communication skills
• Ability to perform well in a fast paced, medium sized Co. environment
• Results oriented and ability to motivate employees through examples