At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Sinclair Broadcast Group News Topical Promotion Producer in Steubenville, Ohio
WTOV has an immediate opening for a News Topical Promotions Producer.
The ideal candidate for this position must be a strong tease writer, shoot, and edit promos while managing deadlines. At least two years of promotion experience is required, as well as proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop). Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills are a must. Basic professional editing and video skills and experience in news promotion are a plus.
This is a full time position. Responsibilities include producing daily news topical promos, filling traffic logs with promotion inventory, and assisting with station sponsored events.
- A strong background in news tease writing
- Experience in a newsroom is preferred
- Ability to write, shoot and edit content that tells a compelling story
- Previous experience producing a newscasts, or news promo
- Must be able multi-task a variety of projects while meeting deadline
- Need to possess good judgement when selecting stories
- Flexible and able to adjust to a fast and changing environment
- A strong understanding of fundamental design, sense of color, typography and composition
- Advanced knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
- Ability to maintain digital assets, archives and edit systems
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to routinely lift, carry, and move equipment in excess of 40 lbs
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in broadcast production is a must
- A college degree is preferred
This is not an entry level position. If you have the required experience and skills, we want to hear from you! When applying online, please include your salary requirements and a link to your latest work. Work examples should showcase strong writing and editing skills.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.