At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
UPS Ocean Freight Supervisor II in Tân Bình, Vietnam
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The Ocean Freight Supervisor II monitors daily operations and guides the development of the Operations function for Ocean Freight and Customs Brokerage (both Standalone Brokerage and Carry-and-Clear). He/She is responsible for complex customer accounts and the coordination of logistical transactions ensuring successful export and import of goods, timely declaration to customs, and coordinate with external brokers to meet committed lead time and accuracy. This position manages budgets and oversees customer invoicing, allocation, reconciliation of funds, and backlog while generating reports to combine operational data for shipment processing and management review. He/She uses knowledge and understanding of the comprehensive portfolio of ocean freight and customs brokerage services (e.g., export, import, transshipment etc.) to actively engage customers. The Ocean Freight and Brokerage Supervisor provides consultation to account executives and develops shipment plans to secure new ocean and brokerage business opportunities. He/She upholds compliance with laws and regulations, helping maintain customer service commitments and service quality. This position supervises hourly employees, full time non-manual operations, and interns.
- Supervises Ocean Product and Brokerage Operations
• Monitors daily operations to ensure performance indices (e.g., balanced scorecard, etc.) are being met and to investigate variances for development of corrective action plans.
• Distributes daily assignments based on work plan priorities to provide equitable workload distribution and to ensure service levels are met within projected time parameters.
• Evaluates quality goals to identify process improvements needed.
• Reviews operational benchmarking to support continuous process improvement.
• Contributes to special projects to promote business enhancements (e.g., new applications , systems support, etc .).
- Participates in Monitoring and Overseeing Financial Performance
• Reviews shipment profit and loss data to assess performance and identify changes in the account strategy.
• Reviews monthly financial reports to compare actual performance against plan.
• Monitors Days Sales Outstanding and the claims process to ensure revenue and cost control objectives are achieved.
- Supports Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) Business Development
• Assists SCS Sales to secure new ocean and customs brokerage business opportunities .
• Collaborates with Solutions group to develop and apply ocean, brokerage, and warehousing pricing, pricing models, and pricing guidelines for customers.
• Supports regional sales staff to implement business development efforts at the local level.
• Identifies current and long-term business development opportunities with other divisions of a client organization to increase revenue.
• Supports SCS sales initiatives and organic revenue growth to increase ocean and brokerage business.
- Promotes Vendor Relations
• Participates in the development of vendor partnerships with commercial truckers, warehouses, appointed brokers, ocean carriers to secure space and/or service to meet customer needs.
• Builds and maintains relationships with vendors to negotiate and secure competitive rates and quality service standards.
• Facilitates regular carrier and broker audits to review performance and develop solutions for chronic issues (e.g., delayed shipments, damaged freight, etc.) that affect service quality.
• Maintains working relationships with carriers/vendors to gain awareness of new developments and modifications within the industry.
- Supervises and Develops Others
• Determines employees' training needs to produce continuous development plans.
• Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
• Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
• Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
• Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS's policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Requisition Number: R22013999
Location: Tân Bình,Vietnam