At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
AdventHealth ER Patient Access Services Rep FT Day in Tampa, Florida
ER Patient Access Service Rep AdventHealth Tampa
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Day Tuesday-Saturday 7:00am-3:30pm
- Greets all customers (patients, guests, families, staff, physicians, vendors, etc) in a helpful and courteous manner while extending exemplary customer service.
- Registers Emergency service patients in a fast paced environment. Maintains knowledge of Inpatient and Outpatient Registration processes.
- Meets or exceeds accuracy standard goal determined by Patient Access Leadership.
- Meets or exceeds upfront collection standard goal to protect financial standing of Florida Hospital.
- Provides timely and continual coverage of assigned work area in order to offer prompt patient service and be available for all clinical partners registration needs.
- Proactively and constantly seeks out patient accounts at bed side within assigned registration area for timely account follow up and completion, minimizing amount of turnover to next shift.
- Accountable for maintaining a close working relationship with clinical partners to ensure continual open communication between clinical, ancillary and Patient Access departments, aiding in meeting 100 % discharge interviewing goal set by department. Ensures all financial assessments, eligibility, and benefits memos are clear, updated and thorough to support post care financial needs.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations by verifying pertinent information to determine caller or visitor authorization level before releasing account information.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Basic computer skills.
- Proficient in using multiple computer applications interchangeably.
- Communicates professionally with an acceptable use of English and spelling.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Works independently in most situations while multitasking.
- Capable of working with people of various diverse backgrounds.
- Customer service skills.
- Typing skills equal to or greater than 27 words per minute net.
- Knowledge of computer programs including Cerner, Registration screens preferred.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Successful completion of AdventHealth Registration Training class (training will be provided post-hire, if not previously completed) preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior Collections Experience preferred
Under supervision, registers Emergency service patients in a fast paced environment. Meets or exceeds accuracy and upfront collection standard goals monthly. Completes registration at patient’s bed side, ensuring patients have been educated on Emergency Department benefits and financial responsibility to hospital, documenting all attempts accordingly. Adheres to Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.