At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
AdventHealth HlS Support Analyst Part Time Days in Tavares, Florida
High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
- Assists with patient walk-ins, retrieving and releasing patient records in a timely and courteous manner. Secures the proper authorization before releasing any written or verbal patient information; follows department and hospital policies 100% of the time.
- Answers phone calls from physician offices, responding to requests for patient records in a timely and courteous manner.
- Prints/copies patient records for transfers to another facility, ensuring appropriate records are provided.
- Collects discharged records from outpatient and inpatient patient care units as assigned, reconciling receipt of all patient charts per discharge reports. Works with patient care units to locate missing patient records and reports missing records to appropriate staff and departments.
- Assists in analyzing physician orders to ensure correct encounter type; researches patient time of death to ensure proper recording of patient expirations.
- Reviews records to ensure accurate patient identification is on all medical records; reviews chart for proper patient consents. Completes incident reports for missing records and when other significant discrepancies are identified.
Assists with scanning functions including prepping, scanning, quality checks, and validation steps. Corrects or reports scanning errors to appropriate staff.
- Assists with researching and resolving duplicate MRNs (medical record numbers).
- Assists the coding staff with preparing, sending and collecting coding queries to physicians.
- Assists with other duties as assigned to help ensure records are processed in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that she/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgement
Excellent skills with computer systems and the Cerner electronic medical record system
Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate verbally with all levels of associates, management, physicians, patients and their families and other customers
- Proven record of providing excellent customer service & ability to contribute to team goals
- Ability to understand and prepare complex written materials, including spelling and grammar
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma
Associate of Science degree in Health Information Management/Technology or equivalent field, preferred
6 months to 1 year of previous work experience in healthcare setting, preferred
6 months experience with computer systems, preferred
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), preferred
The HIS Support Analyst’s primary responsibility is to receive discharged medical records from all patient care units, reconciling receipt of all records per the facility’s discharge reports. The analyst reviews patient records to ensure correct patient identification and helps prepares records for scanning into the facility’s EMR. The analyst also has a primary responsibility to answer phone calls, take messages and respond to requests for copies of patient records for continuing care purposes. The analyst also assists with patients who walk in to the department to request copies of medical records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.