At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Aerotek Shipping And Receiving Clerk in Torrance, California
Distribution company in Torrance, CA URGENTLY hiring SHIPPING AND RECEIVING CLERK
What You’ll Do:
• Pull, package and process daily shipments within time constraints.
• Run closing report and send out shipment notifications daily.
• Maintain Shipping log .
• Receive inbound material into system of record and quality data base including maintaining a receiving log.
• Compare identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against Bills of Lading , Invoices, Purchase Orders, or other records.
• Generate required shipping and receiving documentation for all shipments such as packing lists, receiving reports, commercial invoices using military or customer portals.
• Maintain awareness of small pack carrier changes, applicable regulations, customer shipping requirements, freight forwarders and carriers utilized.
• Review and follow up on shipping agreements, discounts, claims and carrier issues. Handle LTL quotes and freight for vendors.
• Organize finished goods and perform physical counts as needed.
• Assist with various material management and government property projects as time permits.
• Shipping experience required with UPS, USPS, Fed Ex, DHL, LTL
• Reconcile freight Invoices.
• Communicate with Supply Chain Team and support Production, Engineering and Business Development.
• Other duties as assigned
Inventory, Microsoft windows, Microsoft office, packaging, parts inventory
Skills & Qualifications:
• Packaging knowledge needed to make decisions on box size and protective packaging with lowest cost and best performance.
• Experience with data entry and the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work within deadlines, under pressure and handle interruptions.
• Additional skills that are helpful but not required:
o Experience with Costpoint.
o Dangerous Goods experience.
o Warehousing/parts storage, inventory kitting or fulfillment experience.
If interested please contact me at:
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.