Shire Veteran Jobs

Job Information

Aerotek Welder in University Park, Illinois

Job Title: MIG Welder

Job Description

Seeking skilled MIG Welders to join our dynamic team. Responsibilities include welding on mild carbon steel in various positions, using grinders and other hand tools, reading blueprints occasionally, handling materials with a hand cart, and completing projects within a target time frame. You will spend 90% of your day MIG Welding and the remaining 10% transporting materials and using hand tools. Positions are available for both 1st shift and 2nd shift, with opportunities for overtime on Saturdays.

Hard Skills

  • MIG Welding

  • Grinding

  • Blueprint Reading

  • Material Handling

  • Use of hand tools

  • Operation of hydraulic welding table

Job Type

This is a Contract-to-Hire position with a duration of 6 Month(s).

Work Site

This is a fully on-site position in University Park, Illinois.

Work Environment

The work setting includes 40 welding booths with hydraulic tables, various fabrication machinery, and forklifts. . Welders work independently in their booths but will interact with team leads or supervisors. Safety gear such as steel toe boots, eye protection, hoods, gloves, and sleeves. Steel toe boots candidates must provide.

About Aerotek:

We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.

The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.

DirectEmployers