At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Methodist Health System Pharmacy Tech FT - MCMC in United States
Hours of Work :
Days Of Week :
Work Shift :
Job Description :
The Pharmacy Technician will assist in performing paraprofessional tasks that will ensure a high quality of pharmacy service.
Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Your Job Requirements:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required
• IV certification preferred
• Registered technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or Pharmacy student current Pharmacy Intern License
• 1 year of Pharmacy experience required
• Hospital Pharmacy experiences preferred
• Computer skills preferred, but not required
• Ability to maintain confidentially and patient privacy standards set by the department as well as hospital
Your Job Responsibilities
• Answers the telephone and front window.
• Compounds products in IV Lab using sterile, aseptic technique
• Gathers items needed for miscellaneous requisitions, orders, crash carts, etc. to be checked by pharmacist prior to dispensing.
• Maintains clean and orderly work area; restocks returned medications, restocks work area to appropriate levels.
• Assists in maintaining inventory levels of pharmaceuticals and supplies by notifying purchasing when items become low or increased usage of particular items in observed: utilized the “short list”.
• Maintains drug storage systems through restock and trouble-shooting functions
• Maintains Unit Inspections outside the department
• Makes scheduled rounds to all nursing units for the delivery of medications and the pick-up of discontinued medications and orders as needed.
• Makes non-scheduled rounds to any nursing unit as required.
• Perform charges and credits for floor stock sheets, narcotic sheets, miscellaneous charge slips, and returned medications into computer system.
• Processes medications in assigned area (OR, IV lab, first fill) in preparation of final dispensing by the pharmacist.
• Trains new employees as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is a 301-bed, full-service, teaching hospital that serves the communities of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, and Lancaster in southwestern Dallas County. With a new 40,000-square-foot, $71 million emergency department expansion in progress , our busy, growing hospital features a newly renovated intensive care unit and a Level III Advanced Trauma Center. Among other distinctions, we have been recognized for our interventional cardiology services including cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, open heart surgery, and STEMI care; stroke care; hip and knee joint replacement services; women and children’s services; and more. Methodist Charlton strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
Level III Advanced Trauma Facility
Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
Top Performer on Key Quality Measures ® by The Joint Commission for heart attack, heart failure, chest pain, stroke, pneumonia, surgery, perinatal care, and knee and hip joint replacement
Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American Collage of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
Take Care of Patients
Take Care of Each Other
Take Care of Ourselves
Take Care of Methodist
Equal Opportunity Employer It is the policy of Methodist Health System (MHS) to select, develop, and promote employees based on individual ability and job performance. It has been, and will continue to be, the policy of MHS to provide equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of employer-employee relations without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, marital status, genetic information or ancestry. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, an employee’s compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, training, development, transfer all other privileges of employment. MHS is committed to maintain a working environment free of intimidation, workplace discrimination and harassment. Retaliation or attempted retaliatory behavior that occurs as a result of an employee’s exercise of their rights under this policy or any other statutorily protected right is strictly prohibited and will be grounds for disciplinary action.