At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
PPD Sr. Director, Business Strategic Operations - Evidera in United States
Provides strategic leadership in the direction and execution of the scientific, healthcare and/research operations and resourcing for the department in a complex cross-functional environment to develop and execute strategies that ensure continuous process improvement and optimize organizational performance, processes, and associated systems, training and communications in order to achieve business goals and objectives. Provides relevant industry and departmental advice and strategic guidance to staff, and directs business strategy and operational efficiency.
_Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):_
- Manages staff, which may include interviewing and selection, job description, preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime (if applicable).
- Directs the business strategy in partnership with executive management for the department. Manages department budget and forecasting, including resource allocation and assignments.
- Collaborates, innovates and consults with peers and leaders to drive strategy, execution and communications planning to achieve continuous process improvement and departmental and organizational business imperatives, goals and objectives.
- Collaborates, innovates and consults with peers and leaders to identify, define and drive implementation of best practices.
- Oversees initiatives to develop, optimize, improve and assess compliance with cross-functional processes and associated systems/applications, training and communications.
- Leads large, complex, cross-functional process improvement initiatives. Also develops, implements, and oversees process improvement initiatives within the department and leads cross-functional teams, working groups and/or governance committees.
- Oversees on-going support of standards implementation including training and continual process evaluation (e.g., metrics, CAPAs, trend analyses).
- May provide oversight and/or responses for client or internal process audits on processes, systems, or procedures and/or CAPAs.
_Education, Professional Skills & Experience:_
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification. Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 15 years).
- 7 years of management responsibility.
- Advanced skill in process development and improvement, especially as it applies to clinical trials and clinical development.
- Superior computer skills, to include an effective understanding of clinical management technology and systems.
- Expert understanding of the practices, processes and requirements of clinical trials, to include regulatory guidelines and directives.
- Capable of directing and promoting teamwork in a multi-disciplinary and/or multi-cultural team setting.
- Capable of driving innovation in developing new ideas related to process improvements.
_Personal Skills & Competencies:_
- Superior attention to detail, investigative and analytical skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Outstanding organizational, judgment, analytical, decision-making and interpersonal skills to manage complex projects in parallel and manage rapidly changing priorities.
- Director role with significantly larger management scope (e.g. global or regional responsibilities or multiple departments) OR mastery of director skills and responsibilities as demonstrated by consistent, multi-year successful performance. Directs through subordinate management. In some instances may be responsible for a functional area (as determined by executive management) and not have subordinate supervisors or employees. May manage employees across multiple regions.
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
/Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference,/* disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran./ /*
Job: *Clinical Management
Organization: *EVI US
Title: Sr. Director, Business Strategic Operations - Evidera
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 200801
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group