At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
KBR Mission Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Sign on bonus and relocation available!
Role and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate for the Mission Manager (MM) position must possess a background in open-air aviation weapons test and evaluation (T&E), range instrumentation systems planning and function, and hands-on experience planning and executing aviation weapons tests. The MM will be part of a team supporting the Test Resource Management Center (TRMC) in the planning, coordination, and application of new T&E capabilities. The MM will be responsible for coordinating the inputs of various contributing and supported T&E equities. The MM will also identify and reconcile potential conflicts in availability, capacity, capability, readiness, and configuration. The MM will proactively engage both sponsors and capability providers to solicit inputs and develop compromises while adhering to established restrictions, policy, and priorities to best achieve the customers schedule, technical, and data product requirements. The MM will be required to brief updates and status assigned support missions, organize and facilitate incremental reviews, adjudicate and reconcile technical and operational issues that impact the approval process, schedule and oversee regular coordination meetings, and actively manage the completion of delegated tasks. MM responsibilities include:
· Development of detailed documentation, briefs, plans, approval requests, and configuration change requests;
· Development, review and approval of Event Folders and Mission Support Plans and all associated technical and operational internal and external authorizations and approvals.
The MM is expected to handle up to 3 separate support efforts simultaneously and actively assist peers and associates as required.
· MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
· Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance and be eligible for top secret.
· Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline with 10 years of experience in T&E planning / test management / test conduct of open-air range operations or flight test engineer, or equivalent experience/combined education.
· Prepare formal and informal documentation in accordance with organizational processes and procedures, schedule and facilitate incremental planning and coordination meetings and prepare and deliver written and oral progress reports.
· Candidate must be a high performer, effective collaborator, and organized.
· Experience with open-air range operations and T&E planning and execution activities required.
· Adept problem solver and possess critical thinking skills.
· Must be team player
· Must be self-motivated and goal oriented
· Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products
· Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance sufficient to access military facilities.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.