At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
UnityPoint Health Medical Assistant Or Certified Medical Assistant in Washington, Illinois
PRN only but could be scheduled any shifts during M-F clinic hours.
*Must have current or previous experience providing direct patient care and taking vitals.
Under the direction of a health care provider, Medical Assistant Non-Certified, is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of our patients.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
· Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
· May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
· Administer ordered medical and/or vaccines.
· Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
· Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
· Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of IPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare. Provide information to appropriate regulatory agencies, (i.e. health department).
Development and Patient Education
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance, HIPAA and personnel workplace rules.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High school diploma required if work is performed in a complex CLIA lab.
· Computer data entry experience.
· Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-100280
Street: 1201 N Cummings Ln
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Fam Med- Washington
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: As needed
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org