At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Senior Software Engineer in Weston, Florida
Senior Software Engineer
USA - USA - Remote, Weston - Florida - USA
Software & Product Development
Description & Requirements
UKG is hiring a Senior Software Engineer for our Wayfinding Team! We own all the features that help a user navigate through UKG Pro. The pillars of this are navigation (menu & app bar), dashboards, and search.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience developing cutting-edge solutions to maximize performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities
• Can develop, test, build and deploy coding solutions for both existing legacy systems and net new development initiatives.
• Has proven understanding of enterprise-scale OOP software utilizing SaaS design principles
• Has proven proficiency with departmental tools and procedures, i.e. TeamCity, Git, TFS, Jira, or equivalent
• Is proficient with SQL and has proven mastery of data structures
• Has proven experience in writing and implementing unit, system, and integration tests
• Has the ability to troubleshoot and perform root-cause-analysis for system-related issues in Enterprise level software
• Has demonstrated level of quality resulting in minimal amounts of rework and/or defects
• Has the ability to mentor and train new engineers joining the team in technology, tools, procedure, standards, and guidelines for the department
• Has proven ability to work independently to coordinate and implement solutions to basic technical issues
• Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience, Masters’ preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience engaging with software/test engineers on enterprise level software development projects
• 3-5 years’ experience with OOP, OOD, Data Structures and Algorithms
• Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions
• Experience with the development of API’s, Web Services and Forms development
• Ability to code complex SQL statements
• Agile or Lean Software Development experience such as Kanban or Scrum
• Proven experience successfully working within a team and managing a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities
• Superior problem-solving skills
• Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done
• High degree of organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivation to learn new methodologies that will enhance job performance
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.