At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Kyndryl, Inc. Site Reliability - Automation in WINNIPEG, Manitoba
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Ability to establish an effective working relationship with various different users with varying level of technical expertise
• Analyze business needs, advise & design, build, test, and deploy changes of critical IT systems .
• Laser focus on automation, reliability, and performance.
• Participate in testing and performance activity related to system stability and scalability
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Business Analyst, Administrators, Architects, Developers, and Testers
• Work independently or as part of a team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Software Engineering) or related field preferred
• 10+ years of experience in IT and Operations
• 3+ years experience in related DevOps/SRE roles
• 5+ years experience in automating routine repeatable tasks via scripting languages Python, Perl, Bash, Powershell, or VB script, and Rexx
• 5+ years experience in implementing and working with Ansible playbooks YAML
• 5+ years experience in Windows/Linux/AIX/ESX System Administration
• 5+ years experience with monitoring, alerting and security tools
• Knowledge of Openshift, Git, Terraform, Grafana, and Sellenium an asset.
• Knowledge of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud an asset.
• Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker an asset.
• Knowledge of CD/CI workflow an asset.
• Knowledge of the ITIL Service Lifecycle in ITSM disciplines, including the Change Management, Release Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Knowledge Management processes
• Understanding the point of view between the functional and non-functional requirements
• Critical thinker and passionate pursuer of excellence in all work deliverables
• Soft skills that include strong written and oral communication, time management, self-direction, and organizational skills
• Spoken and written French an asset
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Education Bachelor's Degree
State / Province MULTIPLE
City / Township / Village MULTIPLE CITIES
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary job category Site Reliability Engineer
Role ( Job Role ) Site Reliability Engineering Professional
Employment Type Full-Time
Contract type Regular
Position Type Professional
Travel Required No Travel
Company (Y009) Kyndryl Canada Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position? No